Saturday, June 18, 2011

Psywar - documentary

Psywar is a about propaganda and psychological warfare of the mind.  Interviews with Noam Chomsky, Howard Zinn, Michael Parenti, and others show how Public Relations campaigns have sought to direct and change public opinion towards the views of the elites in society.

The filmmakers, Metanoia Films, have made this film (and another) available on their website for purchase and free viewing (and download).  You can visit and/or donate at the website at http://metanoia-films.org/index.php.


Psywar (1 hour 39 minutes in length)
     -  Watch it online now at Metanoia Films
     -  Watch it online now at OpenFilm.com
     -  Download the film at MegaUpload.com (file size is 1 GB)

2 comments:

  1. Pretty interesting, though nothing startling new. I watched "The War You Don't See" a few days ago and this one has a lot of overlap with what John Pilger was saying in that, especially regarding the manufacturing of news and consent. Have you seen that?

    Also, you might be interested in "Propaganda" by the French philosopher Jacques Ellul. I can't vouch for it in its entirety because I haven't finished it yet, but maybe it's worth a blog post...?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't seen that yet, but I've definitely been trying to recently; John Pilger is one of my favorite journalists. I will check out "Propaganda".

    These two films (Psywar and Human Resources) were somewhat entertaining, but not very enlightening to me, either.

    ReplyDelete